View our most frequently asked questions below. Still have questions about our beautiful apartments in Krum, TX? Feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to answer any additional questions you may have regarding Retreat at Krum, our 55+ Senior Living Apartments!
1. Do all residents that live in the unit have to be 55 or older? Each apartment must have at least one resident age 55 or older at either time of move-in or during the initial lease term and henceforth throughout the remaining lease/renewal period(s).
2. What are the fees to apply? There is a $50 application fee for each applicant. A separate payment must be submitted at time of application for the security deposit. Once your application is received, you will be contacted with a link to make your application fee and security deposit payments online.
3. What is the income requirement? Gross income must be at least 2 times the amount of the rent. Income is based on a verifiable combined income. A minimum of 3 paycheck stubs is required if the employer does not release salary information. Self-employed or fully retired persons must furnish the most recent tax return or other applicable documents for income verification.
4. What utilities are residents required to pay?
- Electricity – You choose an electric provider of your choice for electricity services to be placed in your name and paid directly to the electricity provider.
- Water/Sewer - Residents are responsible for their own water expense, based on a combination of a city mandated base water rate, base sewer rate and actual monthly consumption (monthly submeter reading).
- Trash – Valet trash will be provided and there will be a $25 required monthly charge. Bags will be provided and pickups will occur 3 days per week (Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays).
- Pest – there is a $6 monthly charge per unit for pest control services.
5. Are the apartment homes furnished? Our homes are intended for you to add your personalized style so we do not offer furnished homes. If you need assistance, we are more than happy to recommend local retailers.
6. Will there be a washer/dryer in my unit? Yes! Your new home will come equipped with a full sized washer and dryer.
7. How large are the bedrooms? Bedroom sizes vary based upon the unit type but in general range from 120 sqft to 182 sqft.
8. Can I put furniture outside my front door? No furniture is allowed in the area outside the front door without expressed written permission from management. However, you are allowed to have patio furniture inside your patio/balcony area.
9. Do the showers have grab bars? No. However, we are able to make accommodations to the units upon request at the resident's expense.
10. Do all units have elevator access? Yes, every 2nd floor unit is accessible by an elevator.
11. How many parking spots will I have? Each unit will be assigned one (1) parking spot (it will eventually become a covered parking spot) at no additional charge. If a unit has more than one vehicle, additional vehicles must park in an uncovered, unassigned space on a first-come-first-served basis.
12. Is there security onsite? No, there is no security onsite. Please contact the City of Krum Police Department for any security issues or concerns.
13. Can my friends, children and grandchildren visit? Absolutely! Please notify the office if you have a quest that will stay with you longer than three consecutive days, with a maximum of seven days. You will also need to accompany your guests at all times when enjoying our amenity areas.
14. Are residents able to have pool parties? The pool is open to all residents but will not be closed for private events.
15. What are the pool hours? While subject to change, current pool hours are 10am to 10pm, Tuesday through Sunday.
16. Can the clubhouse be rented for private use/events? Yes, you are able to rent the clubhouse. Please see office for details.
17. How many guests can I have while utilizing the amenities? You are allowed 2 guests at a time.
18. How do guests get into the gate? Guests and delivery services will dial the resident’s code and the resident will press 9 to let them into the entry gate.
19. Can my friends visit with their pet? No. Guests cannot bring a pet onto the property. All animals on Retreat at Krum premises must be approved by management.
20. Can I pay my rent online? Yes. Online payments are required for rent and there are a variety of ways to pay. Payments can be made with ACH, debit cards or credit cards.
21. How do I submit a work order request? Residents are encouraged to submit their work order requests online through our resident portal. Work orders can also be submitted in the office.